Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Book 30 - Falling in Love with English Boys


My thirtieth book was Falling in Love with English Boys by Melissa Jensen. This was one of the books I just happened to pick up at Barnes and Noble. I hadn't heard of the author or read anything by her before and I hadn't heard of the book. I just saw it and thought the cover looked interesting and, after reading the back, thought the summary looked interesting, too. Catherine is visiting England, although she doesn't want to be, and meets Will. While she's there, she starts a blog, which is how the whole story is told. She also starts reading the diary of Katherine Percieval, a girl from Jane Austen time who is the daughter of the woman Catherine's mother is studying. Katherine meets the exciting poet named Thomas Baker. Both of the girls stories mirror the others as they both search for freedom, life, and the kind of love Jane Austen wrote about.

No comments:

Post a Comment