Monday, April 18, 2011

Book 32 - The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks


My thirty-second book was The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart. I had never read anything by this author, I just happened to pick this up at Barnes and Noble. (That's a pattern with me...and that's also how I find authors I like, by chance.) This book is about Frankie, who goes to a boarding school that used to be all boys. Because she's a feminist, she is very annoyed by this. She is also annoyed by the fact that her new boyfriend, Matthew, has been lying to her about something and always ditching her for his guy friends. She eventually finds out that Matthew is a member of the all-male secret society called The Order of the Basset Hounds. She doesn't really want into this club, she just wants the option. She figures out a code that, of course, the boys can't figure out and finds the secret book called The Disreputable History, which has secrets from past Basset members. She uses this book to come up with a plan to infiltrate the Basset Hounds and prove that girls are better than boys once and for all. (Hey...it's true...)

No comments:

Post a Comment