Sunday, March 13, 2011

Book 17 - Secrets of My Hollywood Life: Family Affairs


My seventeenth book was the third book in the Secrets of My Hollywood Life series, called Family Affairs, by Jen Calonita. I love this series, for many reasons, but the main one is because it gives you insight into the life of the rich and famous. In this book, Kaitlyn Burke, Hollywood's It Girl, has just finished her movie and is returning to her nighttime soap opera, Family Affair. She has been on this show since she was four, along with her nemesis, Sky MacKenzie. They play twins Sam and Sara. During the break in filming, the director has decided to add another character, named Colby, that the family will think is their long lost sister, but she really has something more sinister in mind. (The author makes fun of soap operas, making sure all of the storylines are way "out there") This new girl is played by a girl named Alexis, who seems to be a sweet newcomer that just wants to make friends. Sky suspects her of being more than she seems from the very beginning and tries to warn Kaitlyn, who just wants to see the good in people. But, as the story goes on, more and more bad things start happening and Kaitlyn can't ignore the possiblity that Alexis really might be trying to ruin her and Sky's careers. This book, even though it's 316 pages, only took me a day to read. It's my favorite of the series so far, and that's saying a lot because I have loved both of the other books. If you're a fan of Hollywood or movies, I recommend this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment