Sunday, March 27, 2011

Book 23 - Message in a Bottle


My twenty-third book was Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks. This was my last Nicholas Sparks book to read, having read the majority of them last year. I was not really looking forward to reading this book, but I don't have any books in my room that I haven't read yet, so I decided to go ahead and read it. I was very pleasantly surprised. The movie stars Kevin Costner and Robin Wright, both actors I don't really like. But the book was actually very good. Theresa is a divorced woman who, on vaction, finds a message in a bottle washed up on the beach. After reading the letter, she publishes it in her column that she writes for The Boston Globe. The reader response is immediate. She finds two other letters from the same man, both as romantic and heartwrenching as the first. She decides she has to find this man and, when she does, something happens that she (or he) never saw coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment